Monday 12 January 2009

...And I'm Back

Happy New Year to you all &c &c...

Now, back to business

I'd been deliberating recently whether the D300 was going to be sticking around, but I've come to the conclusion that it just wasn't quite fitting in anymore. The Fuji is perfectly fast for me, and far more predictable, reliable and just plain better for straight out of camera (SOOC) images.

Sure, the high ISO isn't as good, and it is about as far removed from a sports camera as one can get before moving into the realms of medium format film.

But then again, I don't shoot sports (much), my lens collection has contracted but grown in speed (my slowest lens is the 55mm f/3.5 micro, but that definitely is worth the slower glass because of its brilliance as a macro and daytime normal lens) thus stopping my reaching for the ISO button when the light gets a little worse than usual.

So I got rid of the D300

And I feel far better for it. I'm no longer feeling guilty for leaving a camera which is undeniably brilliant, but ultimately less well suited to my shooting than the Fuji, languishing in the Peli.

Now I'm eyeing up a Rolleiflex which actually works properly (rarer than I had first anticipated) to give me something to experiment with in the next few weeks.

1 comments:

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

Welcome back - looking forward to seeing the new photos from your new camera:)